sábado, 22 de novembro de 2014

Lista das espécies de aves no concelho de Guimarães [ACTUALIZAÇÃO] - 69 espécies


69 - Águia-calçada (Aquila pennata)
Montanha da Penha, 31-08-2014, por Hans Wohlmuth

Uma excelente observação da respondabilidade de um birdwatcher australiano que nos enviou o seu testemunho:

"I was visiting your beautiful city for a conference, so birding was not my main activity in Guimaraes. I had taken the cable car to Penha Mountain and it was there I saw the birds. They were interacting in flight in a way that led me to suspect that they might have been a local breeding pair, so I’m surprised to hear that this species is not on your list for Guimaraes.


I do not have photos of the birds, unfortunately, but I did have excellent views of them and can assure you that there is no doubt about their identification. Although I have lived in Australia for many years, I am originally from Denmark and have a lot of experience with European birds of prey. While Booted Eagle does not occur in Denmark I have seen many hundreds on migration in places like Eilat, Israel, and also on breeding grounds in Southern Europe."

Thanks a lot Hans for your contribution!!! 

Curiosidades: a Águia-calçada é uma espécie estival que pode ser observada em
Portugal entre Março e Setembro, sendo pouco comum na região do Minho.

2 comentários:

Inocêncio Oliveira disse...

Uma boa foto, vê-se bem as "calças" :)

Manuela Marques disse...

Sim, está fantástica. Só tem um defeito: não ter sido tirada por mim.
ehehe ;)